Monday 3 May 2010

UserProfileServiceUserStatisticsWebPart:LoadControl failed - SharePoint 2010 Exception

Today, when I installed the SharePoint 2010 server, First task I want to complete is user profile import. Everyone knows that there was a big bug in the BETA version in this module. So, I went there in manage services screen and clicked the "User Profile Synchronization Service". Surprisingly I got the error screen and don't know what to do. That is unspecified error screen and not given any error details.
But, we have an excellent resource to solve all these issues. I mean SharePoint Log files. When I went there and looked into the file, I found below exception message.

UserProfileServiceUserStatisticsWebPart:LoadControl failed, Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileConfigManager.InitializeIlmClient(String ILMMachineName, Int32 FIMWebClientTimeOut)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileConfigManager..ctor(UserProfileApplicationProxy userProfileApplicationProxy, Guid partitionID)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.UserProfileServiceStatisticsWebPartBase.LoadControl(Object sender, EventArgs e)    74edaea3-11cb-44a8-af6b-b8dad2876437

Time god, I knew this issue earlier that there are couple of chances why it's coming.
  1. Check once that the Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service and the Forefront Identity Manager Service are running [Go to services and check].
  2. If Central Administration and the User Profile Synchronization service are provisioned on the same server then you should do IISRESET after started the service.
In my case, the problem was #1. After I started them and IISRESET everything started working fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment