Tuesday 17 November 2009

Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileException: The request channel timed out

This is the continuation of Part 1. I have written a post on solving the issues while installing SharePoint 2010 in my previous post. So, As I said in my previous article, the new exception message I got in my system is below.

Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileException: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:19.9340000. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.TimeoutException: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:19.9340000. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.TimeoutException: The HTTP request to 'https://myserver:32844/d31735f8a1b34f3a8263707181c7e298/ProfilePropertyService.svc' has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:00:19.9990000. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

So, what the above error message means? I also don't know anything about it at first glance. But, how did I resolv it?

I read the exception message 4 times continuously and understood again that this is the problem because of the WCF service. I copied the above given url in IE, waited for the response. But bad luck, didn't get any response.

Resolution:
As it is a service[.svc], What the idea I got here is, this path should exists some where on the file system. So, What I did? I search the file system for the file ProfilePropertyService.svc. And luckily I found the file in a location at "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\d31735f8a1b34f3a8263707181c7e298\5902e8c4\679035c5" with the file name "profilepropertyservice.svc.cdcab7d2.compiled'. So, this is what helped me and felt very happy by seeing it. You know what? First time when I ran the configuration wizard the service compiled and I was stuck because of first exception I got[Resolved in previous article.] After that I reran the configuration wizard then it again compiled but didn't updated the temporary ASP.NET files folder. So, I just did IISRESET on the server and started the configuration wizard again and everything completed successfully.

Now, I have everything setup and running. I felt very happy and started playing with SharePoint 2010. Hope this helps you to solve the problems and I think you like the way I approached to resolve these issues. Let me know your ideas and feel free to ask me if you are facing any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment